Saturday, 7 May 2011

Prints available to pre-order! (Mandelions and Dr Who)

Hello Everyone, I've finally got around to getting some prints made up! I'm beginning with three designs: The Seven Ages of Mandelion, and two Dr Who-inspired images, "Who?" and "Rose".

The perennially popular Seven Ages of Mandelion is being re-created as a very special letterpress print; it will be hand-printed on a vintage letterpress machine , which means that the print will have a lovely old-fashioned debossed look and feel and be a really special piece of art- I'm excited. These will be smallish prints, size A4 (210 × 297mm, 8.3 in. by 11.7 inches)- though I may have a small run of larger prints made in future if these are successful, on soft white 300gsm Somerset 100% cotton paper. The print run will be 250 copies, each one hand-signed and numbered in pencil by me.

These prints will cost £15 each, plus postage (hopefully shouldn't cost much at all). I'm taking pre-orders/reservations now; that is, I'm not taking any money, just putting the reservations list together. So if you'd like to register your interest (no obligation), then please send me an email at thisisjonturner@gmail.com . I won't be taking money until I have the prints in hand and am happy with them; I can let you know the exact postage cost then. I will of course ship worldwide, and will happily take payment via paypal when the time comes. I'll get some photos up of the prints when I have them, but this is the design in case you're unfamiliar:

The Seven Ages of Mandelion

This design has been printed as a t-shirt design by Threadless; there's also a copy on permanent exhibition at the Royal Shakespeare Theatre in Stratford-Upon-Avon.


The second run of prints are Doctor Who based, the "Who?" eleven doctors question mark design you may have seen as a very popular t-shirt at riptapparel recently:

Who?

The other, "Rose" is based on a quote from Christopher Eccleston's tenure as the Doctor:

Rose

"Just let this old box gather dust. No one can open it, no one will even notice it. Let it become a strange little thing standing on a street corner. And over the years, the world will move on, and the box will be buried. And if you wanna remember me, then you can do one thing. That's all, one thing. Have a good life. Do that for me, Rose. Have a fantastic life. "

Both designs are being lithographically printed as premium art prints on heavyweight white flecked recycled paper, 300gsm, at A3 size (297 x 420 mm, 11.7 x 16.5 inches). They will be available at £10 each, or £15 for the pair, plus shipping (if ordered together they will be sent in the same tube, to save on postage, unless you request otherwise). They are being printed in very small first-print runs of just 25 copies each, many of which are already reserved, so it's first come first served. If you would like to register your interest please email me at thisisjonturner@gmail.com . Again, I won't be taking any money until I have the prints in hand and can show you the finished product, but I'm confident they will look great.

Any leftover prints will eventually go up for sale at my etsy shop www.jonturner.etsy.com , and look out for more prints very soon!

No comments: